Engineering and construction
Senior Risk Specialist
Imagine a future where you strive to prevent climate change by managing risk for our offshore wind projects in the UK
Join us in this role where you’ll be driving risk management, communicating the risk strategy, and developing and implementing standardised processes, tools, and templates in our offshore wind projects. You’ll support the project team with implementing a thorough and effective approach to risk management and train risk owners.
Welcome to Planning, Risk & Integration Management, UK
You’ll be part of a diverse department of +65 highly skilled specialists working in a matrix organisation where you, together with your, colleagues will support our offshore wind projects in the UK, from our office hub in Warsaw. The department is part of the Project Management Support organisation and assists offshore wind projects within the five PMI disciplines: integration, scope, schedule, resource, and risk management.
You’ll play an important role in:
- preparing a risk management strategy and plan for the project and help implement and drive risk management in compliance with our defined policies
- preparing risk reports and analyses to support management in decision-making
- setting-up and maintaining the projects’ risk register and response plan templates
- supporting risk owners in the risk management discipline to develop a sound risk awareness.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant bachelor’s, master’s, or other degree providing a strong foundation in risk management
- are a competent risk management professional with relevant work experience and competences equivalent to PMI-RMP (Risk Management Professional)
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to present and communicate complex matters in a professional and straightforward way
- have a proactive, structured, and analytical approach to your work and a good eye for detail and data quality
- thrive in an international environment and possess interpersonal skills, enabling you to build good relationships with your stakeholders, many of which are in other countries.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Katja Topp Loendorf, Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99555290 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (home and office-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.