Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you work at the cutting-edge of the offshore wind industry and help to deliver high-quality wind farm projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team of environment and consenting experts working on the largest portfolio of offshore wind farm projects in the world, which will provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your career. You’ll continuously strive to ensure our industry-leading position while nurturing and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
Welcome to Environment & Consents
You’ll be part of UK Development where you, together with your colleagues, will join a team working in the development phase of our projects from project setup through to planning consent. As Consent Manager, you’ll lead the project development phase and work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop UK offshore wind farms in accordance with relevant environmental and planning legislation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the development and implementation of consenting strategies to include the EIA and HRA and stakeholder management
- leading on innovation and forward thinking, since the rapidly growing industry requires us to grow and adapt with it
- leading a consents team of several environment managers who, in turn, will lead on specific topic areas encountered during the development phase
- representing the Environment & Consents department and our company in relation to key stakeholders
- leading on defining and coordinating the delivery of documentation and applications, e.g. to secure a consent award or marine licence.
To succeed in the role, you:
- can effectively communicate with a wide group of stakeholders, explain complex issues, and actively solve problems
- ideally have a degree in ecology, environmental science, or planning
- can deliver on time and to budget while managing competing demands in respect of project priorities and stakeholder advice
- preferably have demonstrable expertise in project management or a particular environmental or planning field, with a clear understanding of how to apply your knowledge in the planning processes
- can demonstrate an understanding of the UK terrestrial and/or marine planning systems
- ideally have experience in the offshore wind sector, though relevant experience from other large infrastructure projects is welcome.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 24 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Sergio Zappulo, Head of Consents - UK Development, on +447788229229, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.