Engineering and construction
GIS Application Developer
Imagine a future where you’re at the forefront of the digitalisation of our Offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll play an active role in our digitalisation agenda across WindFarm. We’re a department in Engineering leading the development and design of our Asset project around the world. A key focus of our work involves collecting measurements, soil, and weather data, performing site investigations, and much more. We’re also working on building applications to process, quality assess, and analyse these data. We need a strong developer eager to join the team.
Welcome to the Offshore Windfarm data and digital products department
You’ll be part of a team of dedicated, driven, and collaborative colleagues with different backgrounds, striving for a high degree of professionalism. Collectively, you’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality tools, applications, and platforms to customers across the offshore wind organisation. You’ll also take part in work across teams and departments, as well as within an Agile Art setup.
You’ll play an important role in:
- setting new standards for how Python tools are developed for usage with GIS used in Ørsted
- creating and implementing user-facing tools with python toolboxes for use in GIS and GEO Phys applications and processes, in collaboration with business subject matter experts and product owners
- developing cooperation with the Ørsted GIS global Platform team responsible for the GIS platform
- building tools that will allow for better integration between the Ørsted ESRI GIS platform and data and software being utilised by the Geophysical departments.
To succeed in the role, you:
- thrive on creating tools and improvements that bring value for the end users and the organisation
- have some knowledge of GIS, and the ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise platform, incl. ArcPy and ESRI rest endpoints is a plus, as well as experience with geoscience datasets and software packages
- can work across disciplines with data engineers and IT architects
- possess technical expertise in Python, JSON, XML, and Rest-based web services.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jean-Thomas Meyer, Head of WF Data & Digital Products, on +4599556119, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.