IT and digital
Cloud Engineer to transform trading IT landscape
Imagine a future where your cloud skills are the key to enable and digitally transform our energy market operations and trading
Join us in this role where you’ll take part in building our Cloud and Kubernetes services that are pivotal for the digital transformation of the energy trading area. We’re in the midst of a large transformation program moving from on-premise to cloud infrastructure for our trading and risk management functions, and it’s been proven by your potential colleagues that you‘ll have the freedom to develop, create new ideas, and work with the newest technologies.
Welcome to Markets and Risk ART
You’ll be part of the Trading, Integration & Middleware Competence Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will build and operate strong Kubernetes and related cloud services. Services that will be used for our algorithmic trading capabilities, as well as market operations for our wind farms. We work in a matrix structure where you’ll collaborate with traders, analysts, developers, and integration colleagues in a scrum team in the Markets and Risk ART (SAFe Agile Release Train).
We offer flexibility and value the opportunity of being onsite at our office regularly in order to form a sense of ‘team’.
You’ll play an important role in:
- setting and driving the direction for our cloud transformation in close cooperation with cloud architects
- setting up, maintaining, and operating Kubernetes clusters in Azure
- providing Kubernetes expertise and guidance to business- and developer colleagues
- maturing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) implementation and deployment to provide self-service capabilities
- supporting the continuous delivery together with the DevOps teams.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a team player with strong technical skills and motivated by transforming the technology in close co-operation with the business
- have extensive knowledge of at least one scripting language, such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell and know good programming practices, e.g., working with Git, pull requests and applying good programming patterns like DR
- understand importance of Infrastructure as Code and have documented experience with it, preferably with Terraform
- have documented experience with CI/CD pipelines and in deploying and managing Kubernetes and proven experience working with Cloud, preferably Azure
- have a deep understanding of enterprise integration patterns and technologies and of general IT security within the integration area
- have experience working with an agile methodology in an international, English-speaking environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henning Leo Petersen, Head of Data Mgt, GIS & Integrations CC, on +4599552549 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.