Finance and controlling
Imagine a future where you are part of the Financial Accounting & Controlling team, ensuring excellent financial reporting by leveraging business knowledge
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes concerning the Group’s legal entities. You’ll be involved in the preparation of financial statements and deal with external stakeholders. Drawing from your analytical skills you’ll help with assessing interesting transactions for appropriate accounting treatment.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling
You’ll be part of our global Financial Accounting & Controlling team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the controlling of financial reporting and delivering standardized, high-quality, and timely accounting and reporting products. Working from our Boston office, you’ll be part of a fast-growing local team that supports the offshore wind division in North America.
You’ll play an important role in:
- contributing to technical accounting research and policy-setting, including implementing and monitoring compliance with relevant accounting standards
- the financial controlling and reporting of several of our North American corporate and joint venture entities
- contributing to periodic US GAAP reporting for internal and external users and interface with external auditors regarding statutory financial statements
- monitoring and managing our US intercompany reconciliations and cost allocation models and collaborating with tax colleagues in preparing and maintaining book-to-tax schedules and documentation
- driving the continuous optimization of processes – specifically in connection with month-end closing and our reporting systems
- communicating with joint venture partners regarding accounting matters.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a CPA licence or equivalent professional qualification, and have experience working in either a public accounting firm or an accounting department in an international company
- have thorough knowledge of US GAAP (IFRS a bonus) and have experience with implementing new accounting pronouncements, e.g., revenue recognition, business combinations and leases
- thrive in a fast-changing environment, take independent responsibility, and enjoy working with colleagues across teams and national borders
- speak and write English at an advanced level, and can communicate clearly in writing, and excel at communicating financial accounting concepts in a readily understandable manner
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues as well as the ability to critically handle information you receive
- are organised, results-orientated and great at setting goals for your tasks and can balance multiple priorities and drive timely outcomes.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than July 5, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.